Most recently, Jake has been competing in D1NZ. To read more on his progress, visit our News section.
Read More Results Below
Jake Jones (Drift Squid)
After a successful 2009 year, Jake has continued his passion for motorsport into the 2010 calendar. Not only doing well through the 2009 year, Jake has put together one of Australia’s best drift cars for the 2010 Drift Championship challenge.The car has had a few more modification to it for this season and a slight change of appearance also.
Click Here to read Jake's driver blog on DRIFTED.com
Click Here to read more about Jake (aka Drift Squid) on Speedhunters.
Click Here to read more about Jake on the Tomei Powered Blog.
G1 Round 1 *car broke so didnt get to qualify etc..
Drift Super Cup qualified 2nd place but then car broken and didnt get to battle.
G1 Round 1 Qualified 9th and finished 4th place
G1 round 2 qualified 1st and finshed 3rd place "team drift winners also"
G1 Round 3 qualified 2nd and finished 1ST PLACE!
VICDRIFT ROUND 1 finished 2nd place
VICDRIFT ROUND 2 Finished 6th place
VICDRIFT ROUND 3 Finished 6th place *team drift winners also*finshed 2nd place in the series
National Drift Australia qualified 12th and finished 3rd place
Drift Super Cup qualified 5th place and finished 18th
Car in Action
- RB26DET 2.6-Litre Turbo
- Estimated Power
- 300KW +
- Engine Modifications
- RB25DET Block R33 GTR Crank R34 GTR rods GTR ACL Forged Pistons, rings, bearings NITTO oil pump RB25DET head rebuilt Greddy Intake Manifold Tomei cam gears Custom rewired engine bay Trust TD-06 25G Trust 50mm External gate Nismo 550cc injectors Standard RB25 T/B Helps Metalworks cooler pipes Helps Metalworks Intake Helps Metalworks oil catch can Nismo 1.3bar radiator cap custom Oil cooler Remote oil filter Helps Metalworks Steam Pipe Exhaust Manifold 3" straight through exhaust RB26 Apexi Power FC D-Jetro Apexi Power FC handset Custom engine mounts
- Suspension & BrakeMods
- MCA custom coilover suspension NP wonder knuckles (DriftSquid model) NP offset rack spacers NP wonder LCA adjustable camber arms adjustable toe arms traction controll arms rear Helps lower arm bar Helps suspension bracing throughout tension-castor rods R32 GTR brakes / front crossed drilled R32 GTR calipers Braided brake lines front/rear
- Driveline Modifications
- RB25 ORC 659d twin plate clutch Braided clutch line / Brakes RB26 PPG Helical cut dog box Polyuerethane Gear box mount GTR Tomei 4.11 2 way mechanical diff 32 GTR rear half shafts and hubs
- Exterior Modifications
- Custom KC silver ORIGIN front Fenders ORIGIN rear over Fenders ORIGIN URBAN Sideskirts ORIGIN URBAN front bar ORIGIN URBAN rear bar ORIGIN Carbon Bonnet DMAX rear Wing F1 Style Mirrors Custom front flares made quickly by Jake
- Wheels & Tyres
- WORK EQUIPS 18x10 -30 ( front ) + 15mm spacer to clear front brakes WORK EQUIPS 18x11.5 -10 ( rear ) Tyres 225/40/18 (front) Tyres 265/40/18 (rear)
- Interior Modifications
- Detachable wheel hub Custom L Whip Shifter Hydraulic hand brake Bride Drivers seat Standard passenger seat 3" inch harness Walker Chassis full roll cage Helps Metalworks extended cage through too engine bay and full tube front end Custom water squirter box POV 1.5 in car camera setup on cage Full interior rewire Full push button dash Autometer gauges Oil press, Oil temp, Boost, Water, Pyrometer